E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



The Things That Are Using Up My Valuable Mental Energy

There are shelves above my toilet, and each time I go to the bathroom I stare at the 6 pack of Cottonelle toilet paper sitting there waiting to be used. I'm really staring at the painfully cute puppy at the top of their corporate logo. I don't really like puppies all that much, it's just that this one is a registered trademark of the Cottonelle Corp (as the little blue TM next to his over-cute mug indicates).

He seems to be a friendly little guy
, as his comments on the Cottenelle site suggest (sorry, no blog): "Wanna play? I wanna play... I love to play. Let's play right now. C'mon, play with me. Click one of these links!" Ugh. I think the authentic puppy voice is lost somewhere in there towards the end. This tidbit, meant to entice you into downloading Cottonelle Puppy wallpaper, is either worse or better: "If I can't sit on your lap, at least I can sit on your laptop."

With all this nonsense, why didn't they bother to give generi-puppy a name!? And while I'm at it, does the Target Dog TM? (who looks suspiciously like Spuds McKenzie's grandpup) have a name? Sadly, yes: "The Bullseye Design and Bullseye Dog are trademarks of Target Brands, Inc."


0 Responses to “”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm e
  • From East Hartford, Connecticut, United States
  • "you are what you like"
  • My profile
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from ebernasek. Make your own badge here.

Previous posts

Archives

Me2

Things

Stuff


ATOM 0.3