E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...




What A Way To Go

eMily-oM posted this yesterday. I couldn't help but comment. It seems to be a theme for me lately. I may have to throw-up a long and rambling post here if I feel inspired, but most of my thoughts right now revolve around this one quote from Tolstoy:
A human can be healthy without killing animals for food. Therefore if he eats meat he participates in taking animal life merely for the sake of his appetite.
Btw, the list of "quotes from famous vegetarians" that I linked to in my comment is front-loaded with some lightweight and flaky postars (Martha Stewart and Alyssa Milano do not exactly scream trusted authority to me), scroll down for the real deal: Albert Enstein, Mark Twain, Albert Schweitzer, Gandhi, etc.

Check out this anonymous quote, too:
May those who oppose capital punishment for humans extend that protection to animals as well . May those who oppose germ and other biological warfare work to end the unconscious biological warfare unwittingly waged on those who eat animal products. Those who are prolife would logically become vegetarian. Those who are prochoice would not want to impose their wills upon the body of a cow, sheep or pig.
(Brilliant pic courtesy of my friend Jefty.)


0 Responses to “”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm e
  • From East Hartford, Connecticut, United States
  • "you are what you like"
  • My profile
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from ebernasek. Make your own badge here.

Previous posts

Archives

Me2

Things

Stuff


ATOM 0.3